01 June 2008

Ashley Is Off and On Her Way to Boot Camp

Well we dropped her off, said our goodbyes, and had our crying.

Ashley was due to the recruiting station at 12:45 today, to head out by 1 PM....but after waiting on a broken van to pick up the Army and Marine recruites, I don't think she really left until about 1:30ish. Those who know Ashley, know how she gets when she is a little nervous and the guys said you could tell she was.

After signing yet one more piece of paper and turning in her urine sample (that must have been 100% Red Bull)...she was off. I know she was thankful to have the support of friends Alex and Jared and sis, Beka and her dad and I, even though she might not want to admit it.

So keep her in your prayers as she begins a new chapter in her life.

I don't expect to receive her 60 second call until Tuesday night around midnight. I will let everyone know her mailing address and other info as I get it. I know she will look forward to your letters!

So without much fanfare, here is her last civilan video....off she goes.....wait....anchor's away....

2 comments:

Susan K. Morrow said...

Thanks for the good-bye video and update, Georgia! Do you have a mailing address? I would love to send Ash a letter or two and maybe something fun that she's allowed to have. Thanks!--Susan Morrow (Maddie's mom)

MillerGang said...

I'll post info on this blog as I get it from Ashley. She is limited on time to respond, so I may be providing group responses as I get letters. You'll see I posted today. Letters are best since she can store stuff or have food.
Thanks for thinking of her.
Georgia