So, I did one of the “cooler” thing I’ve done since I’ve been here. We are going through a bit of a storm tonight, so the flight deck is obviously all wet. We have cameras in the deck that they use to land the planes, and the cameras had standing water in them and were almost at the point where you couldn’t see anything to land the planes at all. Well, they had me and another guy in the shop get all dressed out, run up on the flight deck, and clean out the cameras in the middle of flight ops…between all the rest of the recoveries. It was exciting – got front row seats to the recoveries and had to listen to the Air Boss yelling on the flight deck intercom over the engines and propellers at us to go clean the cameras between each recovery. There was tons of really cool lightning that we could see up there and lots of running around on the wet flight deck, trying not to bust my ass in front of everyone. During one of the cleanings, the plane came in faster than they thought it was going to I guess, and we cleared to the wrong side of the ship, and they had to wave the plane off. I guess the Air Boss was yelling at us to clear the other direction A LOT, but we couldn’t hear a thing out in the center of the flight deck. Not good. Anyway, the whole situation may not sound as cool as it was, but it’s much more exciting than sitting in the shop or standing behind the camera the whole time. Just thought I’d share (what I consider to be) one of my “cool” stories since I get requests often…lol.
Hope you all enjoyed your New Year’s celebrations! Much love to you all!
Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment