03 July 2008

June 29th Letter from Ashley

Here is this weeks letter from Ashley. I want to challenge all of you reading to go out and take some goofy picture to send to her....doesn't matter what it is, just send her a photo...she mentions she likes the pics every week, and I'm running out of stuff to send her...everyone have a great week! - Georgia

29JUN08

Hey Family (& Friends since this will probably be posted on the blog)!!

It’s been a long week here in Great Lakes. We’re on Holiday Routine on our 3-3 Hold Sunday, & I’ve been shining my boots and dress shoes for the past half hour. We were fitted for all our other uniforms this week (Dress Whites, Dress Blues, Working Whites, & Winter Blues, & our pea coats, & coveralls.) I can’t wait until we get them back & slowly get to start wearing some of it. I think we take our pictures in the next week or two, so our dress whites will be up first, then coveralls for Battle Stations !!:))

We got our first real phone calls this week, & I got to talk to some of you which was nice. Our RDCs kept telling us we had 5 minutes, & we ended up having about 45, so that was pretty cool. It was good to have semi-normal conversations.

On Wednesday I had a dentist appointment where they brought in a specialist to fix my 15 year-old abscessed root canal. It sucked a lot less than I thought it was going to, but the doctor cut a hole in my silver crown and filled in that part with a normal filling, so it looks pretty dumb.

We’ve gotten into a nice PT schedule (6 times this past week), so we’re all feeling pretty good.

We have a really busy week coming up, but we do get Holiday Routine part of 4th of July, so that should be good.

Studying a lot more, things are picking up I’ll be writing a lot less, but I hope none of you do! The mail gets me through (& the pics help too!)

Okay, gotta run! LOVE Y’ALL! - Ashley

No comments: