Here is Ashley's letter we received today. I feel really bad that we've been sending letter to wrong address. Make sure you have DIV 266....and WRITE HER TONS....Thanks - Georgia
15 JUN 08
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!
Hey Dad, I know you’ll get this late, but it’s Pop’s Day today and it’s the first “Holiday Routine” we’ve had which means we have 6 hours of “FREE TIME” to write letters, take showers longer than 5 minutes, go to church (which I did this morning but probably won’t do again because it’s a 40 minute walk there & back for a 50 minute service), iron all my clothes, shine my boots, and eat 2 meals. AND CLEAN. Because we ALWAYS have to clean and iron and fold. That’s pretty much been my past 2 weeks. P-week (Processing week-my first week there) sucked. It was paperwork, folding, getting yelled at (A LOT!) and medical & dental processing. We had to get a S**TLOAD of shots at some point last week. One of them is called “the peanut butter shot”. IT was a penicillin shot that feels like someone is shooting peanut butter into your ass, your leg then gets numb/sore/nonfunctional for a few days. Our first day of training (1-1) started on Wednesday. So PT started this week. I passed my third class swim qualification and my baseline PFA (Phys Fitness Assessment). I had 51 curl ups, 28 push ups, and ran my 1.5 mile in 14:14. Only 22 people out of 88 in my division passed that PFA, only 4 females. My requirements were 20 pushups, 50 curl ups and 15:15 1.5 mile. We (my division/compartment) got ITEed (Intensive Training Exercise – aka what they do to your division when they’re fed up with your BS) for the first time yesterday, so I’m a little sore today. They made me “section leader” because I fold my stuff really neat and store it in my bunk correctly. I might take the position of “Master At Arms” because they offered it to me, but it’s basically the po-po of the division and the girl who is getting fired is a whack job and I’m not sure if it was because of the position or if she was like that before. Graduation is suppose to be 25JUL, which is a week earlier than it was suppose to be because half of our division has been here 2 weeks longer than the final push of girls we were waiting on to get here – they got here a couple days after me and some of the males in my DIV have been here since the middle of May.
Make sure you share whatever of this with mom so she can post it on my blog and make sure she tells people not to send anything but letters and pictures and to send those soon and often because I’m tired of mail call being depressing.
Love you Dad! - Ashley
18 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't worry. I will be flooding her with letters. I'm up to four....I will write a fifth tomorrow. :)
Kristen, thank you. She loves any bit of news or thoughts we send her. You can read in the next blog she finally received all her mail...all at one time. She said it was so funny! Thanks for being such a good friend to her. Georgia
Post a Comment