One of my best friends, Keith, is home on leave after his Marine deployment in Iraq, so it's been great getting to spend as much time as I can with him while he's in town. We went to the Glow in the Dark tour with my auntie, Liz, last Wednesday and had a FANTASTIC time seeing Lupe Fiasco, N.E.R.D., Rihanna, and Kanye West.

This past Sunday, we went to Lexington, Texas and took a 6 hour class so that we could jump out of a plane and pull our own chute. It was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. We had to watch
A LOT of folks jump before us because they were tandem jumping (where they just strap themselves on to the front of an experience sky diver), and I think it
just made it that much better when it was finally our turn to put on flight suits, get strapped into our gear, and shove ourselves into one of the
smallest planes I've ever seen, let alone been in, before jumping out into a freefall at 12,000 feet. If any of you ever get the chance,
DO IT!!! We watched people of all ages (there was a mom in her 70s with her daughter in her 50s, a bunch of college kids, and a few in between), with all kinds of stories jump, and every single one of them was raving about it as soon as their feet touched the ground.This week, we're going to spend a little bit of the weekend down in College Station with some friends who live down there, then we'll be back on Sunday to go to a Maroon 5, Flo-Rida, Simple Plan concert, and get home to celebrate Mother's Day with the respective fams. We're going to a ZZ Top concert next Thursday, and unfortunately he'll be headed back to Twentynine Palms next weekend.
The weekend after Keith leaves another good friend is celebrating his 21st birthday with a little gambling river boat trip for the shorter part of the May 24th weekend.
My brother Matt's 18th birthday is on May 22nd, and he graduates on May 31st, so I'll be doing whateve he decides he wants to do for all of that celebrating as well.
So, I've got all kinds of stuff I'm trying to shove in to the last 3 1/2 weeks of freedom.
Things at work have been just as fun and crazy. I was really lucky to fall into the job that I have. While some days leave me completely worn out & sometimes a bit frustrated, I LOVE working with the kiddos so much, and I'm going to miss them a lot. It's definitely something I'll be keeping in the back of my mind for the next 6 years. We've only got 16 days left of class, so it's coming to a close fast. A couple of the girls will be in a dance performance tomorrow night, we'll be going on a field trip this Friday to get the things we need for a luncheon we're having next Thursday, we have a APE (adaptive phys ed) field day at another middle school next Friday, a couple of the kids will be in a choir concert that next Monday, and then it's just a smooth (ha ha) coast in to the last week of school.
I have Memorial Day off (Monday, May 26th), so I'm thinking that I'd like to have a BBQ or get together of some sort on that day, since I'm assuming that most people will also have that day off. If you can, keep that day open for me. :)
Hope all's well for all of y'all. Much love.
No comments:
Post a Comment